As the key page for this website, it will provide a list of resources, reports, and studies useful for climate science activists and researchers, primarily focusing on the science of fracked gas, GHG emissions, methane leaks, and plastics pollution.
Basic Outline for future pages:
- How to organize and succeed
- Climate 101
- Climate Science
- REPORT: IPCC 6th Assessment Report: Climate Change 2021 - The Physical Science Basis (pub. 2021-08-09) and supplemental IPCC Interactive Atlas
- REPORT: UN’s Emissions Gap Report 2021 released. “The Heat Is On” is the 12th ed in annual series that looks at difference between where GHG emissions are predicted to be in 2030 and where they should be to quell climate crisis. Key take away? We aren't doing so hot (pun intended).
- REPORT: IEA's World Outlook 2021
- REPORT: US National Intelligence Estimate: Climate Change and International Responses Increasing Challenges to US National Security Through 2040 (pub. 2021-10-21)
- Divesting / Economics
- Divest British Columbia
- Divest Oregon
- Divest Washington
- Rewiring America has several free downloadable white papers. We all know number one thing we can do to combat climate crisis is to electrify, electrify, electrify, and work to assure that electricity is from 100% renewable sources. Saul Griffith (Twitter: @GriffithSaul ) has a new book (https://www.rewiringamerica.org/electrify-the-book pub 10.12.2021) laying out a clear, easy to follow, plan, with sufficient urgency built-in. For more info, watch Mr. Griffith’s talks on YouTube. Here are a selection:
-2009 Older talk, my favourite, because of the math :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTab70RLDN0
-2015 Talk on infrastructure and energy (~ 1.5 hrs) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsHnrBVr-2k
-2019 Talk on Green New Deal (12 mins) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc4wDL16-hU
-2021 Quick ad for the new book sharable on social media https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HQfWJAAPtA
- Environmental Justice
- Forests & Trees
- Fracking & Petrochemicals
- GHG emissions
- Methane leaks
- REPORT: Compendium of Scientific, Medical, and Media Findings Demonstrating Risks and Harms of Fracking, (7th ed. 2020-12-14). "The Compendium" is a fully referenced compilation of evidence outlining the risks and harms of fracking.
- Paris Accord
- Plastics Pollution
- Tribal Nations & Indigenous Communities
- Look-up on whose land you sit at Native-land.ca.
- Building Authentic Collaborations with Tribal Communities: A Living Reference for Climate Practitioners